His name is Charlie and he has been unwanted for 2+ years. He does not have the friendliest eyes and his clothes (tissue paper) isn't the most stylish. I am here to help Charlie. I was so in love with this idea by OhHappyDay that I decided to recreate it.
Materials you will need:
Iridescent tissue paper
Multi-color tissue paper (choose complimenting colors)
White Spray paint
Hot glue gun
White card stock
Eyes Template (click on the link above to download the template)
1. Tear all the tissue paper from the old pinata, make sure it is smooth and paperless.
2. Spray paint the pinata white.
3. Cut strips of iridescent tissue paper into 1.5 inch strips, pile them together and create fringes, leaving space on the top.
4. Hot glue the iridescent fringe starting from the bottom to the top until the pinata is all covered.
5. For the mane, cut 3" by 11" piece of the card stock. Fold the card stock in half, and then fold each side in half again. Measure it along the pinata's neck and cut off any excess card stock.
6. Mane: Using 1/4 page of tissue paper in each color, create fringe with an x-acto knife, leave space at the top. Glue together the middle crease of the card stock then glue the fringed tissue paper to the outside of the card stock, either side is fine.
7. Glue the mane to the neck of the pinata. Cover the cardstock with remaining pieces of the iridescent tissue paper fringe.
8. For the tail, cut 2.5" by 11" piece of the card stock. Fold the card stock in half and then fold each side in half again. Cut the strip into 1" pieces.
9. Glue the fringed tissue paper to each piece of card stock, Layer each piece starting with the color you want on top first. Glue the tail to the back of the pinata.
10. Using the eyes template, cut it out and glue onto the pinata.
11. Create a cone out of card stock, wrap it in metallic tissue paper and glue it on the head of the pinata.
I'm not going to lie, this project was tedious, but I had so much fun recreating it. The end result was definitely worth all the burns from the hot glue gun :)
Thanks for reading!